Shiplake College benefits from an enchanting rural setting, which is highly accessible to many urban areas.
Located in beautiful countryside close to the Berkshire-Oxfordshire border, the College is only 3 miles from Henley-on-Thames and 5 miles from Reading. Furthermore, the M40 and M4 motorways are just a short drive away, providing easy access to London, Oxford, the Midlands and the South West.
Pupils travel from far and wide to attend Shiplake College. For many, boarding is the most viable option, but for day boys and girls there are a range of convenient day-to-day travel options to make the College accessible for all.
Nine bus routes are currently in operation to and from the College on weekdays. Pupils in Year 9 and above can also use the bus service to travel to Shiplake on Saturday mornings. The routes currently available are as follows:
- Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield
- Bourne End, Marlow and Medmenham
- Cookham and Hurley
- Crowthorne and Finchampstead
- Watlington, Nettlebed, Henley and Shiplake
- Dorchester, Shillingford, Wallingford, Sonning Common and Caversham
- Maidenhead, Charvil and Sonning
- Reading Station (subject to demand)
- West London*
* There is also a weekly bus route to and from West London, which runs on Sunday evenings, Monday mornings and Friday evenings. This currently has stops in Chiswick, Hammersmith and Kew/Brentford (Monday/Friday), and Hammersmith and Kingston (Sunday), and is ideal for weekly boarders. Please contact Mrs Green, Director of Marketing and External Relations, for further information.
The Bus Information Booklet 2017-2018
Click here to submit a transport application form online.
To discuss any transport enquiries please contact the School Secretary, Mrs Sue Arpino, on 0118 9704 854.
The College is situated within easy reach of Reading, Henley and Shiplake stations. Bus routes are in operation with calling points at all three of these stations. Pupils travelling by train are advised to utilise these bus routes in conjunction with the train to guarantee safe and prompt arrival at the College.