Close

Fascinating talk from Prof. Tim Newton (King's College, Guy's & St Thomas' hospital & @ShiplakeCollege parent) on Health Psychology today. Y12 really don't know how lucky they are! https://t.co/seICbPR7El Posted on Nov 22
Search:

AIRPORT TRANSFERS

Shiplake provides a transfer service to and from Heathrow airport for overseas students flying at the beginning and end of each term and at  half terms. Many parents find this a more convenient and reassuring way of getting their children to and from the College. The specific arrangements for this service are outlined below.

For arrivals to the UK we will meet your son/daughter in the arrivals lounge and escort them back to Shiplake. There is normally a shuttle around the middle of the day and another late in the afternoon. For departures from the UK, we ensure that any child under the age of 16 is checked in and heading to the departure lounge.

This service runs on the day before each term starts (being the day that Boarders return), we will arrange for school minibuses to collect students at the five Heathrow Terminals. On the last day of each term, depending on the school finish time, one school minibus will normally leave Shiplake mid-morning and a second minibus will leave school early afternoon. This has been put in place to allow parents to book flights in advance and avoid children having long waits at the airport.

There are frequent airport transfer bus services between London airports should students fly into another destination and wish to meet the school transport at Heathrow.

If a student arrives significantly outside the hours or at another airport, parents can agree for the school to organise a taxi for their child to be collected or dropped off. This service will incur an additional cost, which will be charged to your termly bill (depending on the airport, the taxi fare is about £80). We will use our local taxi company whose drivers are cleared to carry our students.

If you wish to make use of this service please contact the Mrs Arpino, School Secretary, sarpino@shiplake.org.uk with flight details for each holiday. Each time a transfer is required, please include details of your child's flight number, arrival time and terminal at Heathrow and your child's current mobile phone number (so that the minibus driver can contact him or her if necessary). If your child is flying into or out of another airport, please specify if he or she will be taking a transfer to Heathrow and then using our minibus service or whether you would prefer us to arrange a taxi directly to the airport.